The Sr. Sales Manager is responsible for leading a high performing sales team to drive growth through Heila’s multiple sales and distribution channels. They are responsible for working successfully with Heila’s large and complex customers to deliver solutions and uncover upsell opportunities. As part of their role, they must be able to partner with Heila’s Applications Team to deliver answers to complex technical questions, as well as the necessary analyses and feasibility reports to unlock projects. They will collaborate closely with Heila’s Project, Product, and Engineering Teams to understand and account for project delivery capabilities, upsell opportunities, product roadmap, and feature development timelines.
- Tenaciously seeks opportunities to grow Heila’s business. Strategically selects how to achieve growth in all Heila’s segments. These include but are not limited to large C&I companies (especially those with heavy manufacturing footprints), large energy asset management companies, large utilities, and large project development / construction firms.
- Develops and executes tailored sales strategies and plans that align with customer needs to maximize sales volume and profitability.
- Deploys a variety of prospecting techniques to build a robust pipeline of opportunities while maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Drives sales growth through developing effective sales channels including OEMs, Utility/REPs, EPCs, Aggregators, and Distributors. Ensure channel success by enabling partners with effective collateral, incentives, training, and support.
- Effectively builds trust with the Executive, Applications, Project, Product, Engineering, and Marketing Teams to enable cohesive cross functional collaboration and continuous improvement of internal processes to improve customer experience. This includes creating product requirements, negotiating T&Cs, updating contracts, and refining messaging.
- Takes ownership of the complete sales process and manages both internal and external stakeholder expectations to keep opportunities moving forward.
- Has strong understanding of controls, optimization, and/or distributed energy resources (DERs) and translates that knowledge to Heila’s product/service lines to clearly articulate compelling value propositions to customers.
- Adept at needs-based selling and the strategic alignment of the right product and/or service to the right customer to maximize win rates.
- Uses technical acumen to discuss application of Heila products in the context of customer’s use cases.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to leverage learnings from customers to improve Heila’s offering and approach to market.
- Has a solid understanding of the customer’s organization, market, distribution, and present/future needs. Has or can quickly get enough depth of knowledge and relationships at customer to work past a gatekeeper.
- Proactively follows up and follows through with customer’s requests and is responsive to customer’s needs.
- Effective at collecting and organizing information on customer trends and decision criteria to assist Heila’s leadership in achieving objectives for strategic planning and decision making.
- Effectively communicates clearly, concisely and interprets non-verbal cues and demonstrates ability to check for understanding. Ability to manage through emotionally and politically charged customer interactions to achieve the desired result.
- Consistently pursues goals and attempts to overcome barriers of changing circumstances and customer needs.
- Effectively lead a team of sales professionals by establishing clear objectives, goals, and other KPI. Train, develop and performance manage team to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and true leadership within Heila to achieve desired result.
- 7+ years of experience implementing business strategy and/or sales in the cleantech or renewables industry.
- 3+ years of sales management experience leading a high performing sales team involving a technical product or solution primarily focused on acquisition.
- Engineering degree or equivalent required.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Proven success selling complex products and services, through direct and indirect channels and using multiple business models, such as SaaS, EaaS, and MaaS.
- Experience evaluating and responding to complex RFPs / RFIs.
- Excellent understanding and authority within the clean-tech industry to drive/influence trends, product use cases, and business models.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among others.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- Experience selling to, and or working with, price-sensitive energy industry organizations such as large C&I companies (especially those with heavy manufacturing footprints), large energy asset management companies, large utilities, and large project development / construction firms.
- Experience with traditional power/energy markets and sales process is a plus (i.e. Capacity, Ancillary services, Demand Response, SGIP, SMART or Other state incentives).
- Ability to travel as needed.
To apply to this position please use this direct link https://kohler.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=12&c=kohler&id=55818