Chapter Lead – Cloud is responsible for leading a small team of ICs designing, developing, testing, and supporting data solutions and the cloud infrastructure, services, & products within the Heila Solution. This role collaborates closely with other Engineering teams as well as Heila’s Product and Project teams to understand and account for the cloud capabilities, upsell opportunities, product roadmap, and feature development timelines.
- Collaborate on product scoping & roadmap decisions with ownership for successful delivery of committed work within the team’s area of accountability in the Heila Solution.
- Drive and own architectural decisions, and technical debt management within the team’s area of accountability in the Heila Solution.
- Drive and participate in team’s design, development, and V&V of cloud & data structure/pipeline related scope.
- Prepare engineering documentation, including product specifications, design decision records, test protocols, testing reports, technical procedures, manuals, and configuration & release notes.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and issue resolution for post-release production systems.
- Hire, mentor, manage, and support the technical & career development of the team.
- Based on customers’ identified needs, effectively consider feedback to adapt cloud deliverables to market needs.
- Use technical acumen to discuss application of Heila products in the context of customer’s use cases.
- Stay current with industry and technology trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Foster positive and effective business relationships at all levels.
- Nurture & maintain a strong, collaborative culture within the team and all of Engineering.
- Accountable for security, quality, reliability, and safety of the team’s delivered work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in EE, CS, or equivalent technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience as a member of a team, with 1-3+ years of experience managing 3-5 direct reports preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with project planning related to cloud products.
Strong ability to work across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication capabilities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience with data warehouse and/or data lake infrastructure.
- Experience working with highly complex edge-to-cloud data and control pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns using message broker technologies such as MQTT, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Professional experience programming in C/C++, Java, or Python on UNIX environments.
- Experience in software development, software architecture, and application/data scalability patterns.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Interest in learning about control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Interest in learning about DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among other.
- Interest in learning about resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
To apply to this position please use this direct link https://kohler.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=12&c=kohler&id=55815