At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
- Build, deploy, and monitor cloud infrastructure, services, and applications for current & future market use cases as the industry develops.
- Setup and maintain automated monitoring, metrics, and reporting systems for performance, operations, and alerts of our systems.
- Develop and deploy an automated test and build infrastructure, with a focus on reliability and security.
- Lead and maintain technical documentation for workflows, processes, and best practices across the cloud infrastructure.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, and high-performance.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Foster positive and effective business relationships at all levels.
- 5+ years of experience managing container-based workloads, using Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation/Terraform, Helm.
- Master’s degree in EE, CS, CE or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience working with highly complex edge-to-cloud data and control pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns using message broker technologies such as MQTT, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication capabilities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Comfortable programming in C/C++, Java, or Python on UNIX environments.
- Experience in software development, software architecture and application scalability patterns.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Interest in learning about control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Interest in learning about DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among others.
- Interest in learning about resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.