At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
- Maintain Heila’s software services and hardware health to address reliability and operational challenges. Measure and monitor performance, system reliability and uptime (portfolio contracts) of DER sources (Batteries, Solar, Grid Inverters etc.).
• Implement automation solutions that allow for operating DER projects with minimal downtime. Debug distributed system problems, identify improvement to the systems.
• Improve build and deployment time of our platform updates. Configure infrastructure and applications in diverse could environments. Refine parameters to data layers and cloud infrastructure to resolve issues and improve customer experience.
• Responsible for developing robust incident reports and structured post-mortems. Coordinate changes with cross-functional teams to improve the company’s products based on site operations.
• Cleanse and develop analytics (energy insights) from available DER operational data at commissioned sites. Design dashboards for internal teams to create actionable insights within Jira, Confluence or Power BI.
• Capture and maintain proper documentation for the portfolio services group. Be an ambassador of agile methodologies, maintain portfolio services confluence and Jira systems.
- Minimum requirements:• Bachelors in EE, CE, CS or equivalent
• Experience in DER (Distributed Energy Resources) project operations or implementation
• Experience and/or practical knowledge in general programming/scripting Java. Alternatively, C, Python or Shell.
• Experience in Linux system administration, automation & management.
• Familiarity with Agile or similar project management practices.
• Interest in learning about control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
• Interest working in a client-facing role, interacting with product partners, vendors, and utilities to resolve issues with positive outcomes.
• Experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
• Experience deploying SCADA systems in automation and engineering environments.
• Familiarity with Modbus RTU, TCP, DNP3.
• Experience with deployment & orchestration tools such as Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins.
• Database working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
• Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.