At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
We are looking for a Sr Project Engineer within our Applications team to help us build the grid of the future!
- Perform and maintain microgrids systems designs, site communication diagrams and asset layouts and arrangements for new or existing projects. These include, but are not limited to, design optimization and power system studies and feasibility analyses, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead design decisions based on customer or developer use cases, while providing feasibility analysis to guide clients into the correct advanced energy choices based on Heila’s product road map and clients’ main objectives, identifying gaps in client requests and offerings.
- Prepare complete, clear, and concise reports and other required documentation for successful delivery and operations of projects.
- Serve as technical liaison between Sales, Product, Engineering, Project Management, and other areas in the company.
- Assist the Project Team on project installation, commissioning, project closure, and inspection/reporting.
- Document use cases and work with Product team to verify system operation feasibility.
- Assist the Business Development and Project Delivery teams for sales related activities such as take-offs, specification review & interpretation, up-sells, etc.
- Foster positive and effective business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- A minimum of 5 years of system modelling, design, and engineering work experience focusing on complex DER projects, including deployment of building management systems, SCADA, etc. in an industrial/engineering environment.
- Experience working in a client-facing role, interacting with product partners, vendors, and utilities to resolve issues with positive outcomes.
- Experience creating, reading, and interpret PID schematics, one-line diagrams, etc.
- Experience in power system analysis and microgrid design tools, e.g., ETAP, PowerFactory, HOMER, Xendee or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among other.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Ability to debug and solve problems in unfamiliar code bases and environments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in EE, CE, CS or equivalent.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.