At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
We are looking for a Manager to work with our Software team and help us make an impact on climate change!
- Hire, mentor, manage, and support the technical & career development of Heila engineers.
- Drive and be accountable for the successful development, release, and ongoing support of Heila products.
- Facilitate, advance, and ensure team execution of good agile development processes & engineering practices.
- Manage the definition of work for, scoping of, and execution of development cycles for engineering teams.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to understand and deliver Heila’s roadmap, strategy, and vision.
- Define and communicate business value of Engineering initiatives as part of product definition and road mapping.
- Nurture & maintain a strong, collaborative culture within teams and across Engineering.
- Accountable for quality, reliability, and safety of delivered products.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with 3+ years in a leadership or management position, with a focus on software. Experience with optimization, ML, firmware, and/or hardware development preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully releasing products and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines, coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Strong strategic aptitude. Proven ability to define a successful product release strategy and development roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
- Interest in learning about control and optimization systems used in distributed energy resources (DER) projects.
- Interest in learning about DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among others.
- Interest in learning about resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.