Heila Technologies is seeking a talented software developer to accelerate the commercialization of our optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs).
As a Software Developer at Heila, you will work on next generation optimization and control technologies to enable communication and decision making among a large variety of energy assets such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. In addition, you will contribute to the company’s innovations in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
You should be passionate about sustainable energy and have experience when it comes to designing, coding, and testing industrial automation solutions.
- Design and implement software applications from inception to release
- Create tools to ensure that safety and quality requirements are met
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Work with engineers in the field to support deployments
- Push company innovation efforts.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fundamental knowledge of embedded processors and system architecture
- Comfortable programming in Java, C++, Python and working with Linux
- Capacity to maintain good communications with offsite deployment teams and customers
- Comfortable interacting with deployment teams, product partners, vendors, and utilities to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols such as: CAN bus, Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, etc.
- Experience using communication protocols such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRa, etc.
- Experience working with IOT devices and knowledge of best practices for IOT security and resiliency
- Familiarity with industrial network design and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with protocol client and server simulators.