Heila Technologies is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer to help us build the grid of the future. We are looking to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution. At Heila, we strive to provide clean, reliable energy to all, with a focus on environmental and social equity by leveraging the power of low-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs). The ideal candidate will be keen on pushing Heila’s social equity mission across our technology platform and business use cases.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Heila, you will architect, build, manage and operate the infrastructure & applications that support our DER control and optimization solution. You will also interact with our fleet of IoT devices which control equipment ranging from solar panels to batteries to electric vehicles.
- Work closely with the team to identify sources of manual work related to onboarding new projects from inception to CI/CD pipeline and strive to automate as much as possible.
- Maintain applications by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall health.
- Reduce the time it takes to build, deploy, and configure infrastructure and applications in diverse and complex environments.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack including hardware, software, application and network.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation & diagrams.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or Software related field.
- Experience in Linux system administration, automation & management.
- Experience with deployment & orchestration tools such as Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Artifactory.
- Experience in general programming/scripting such as C, Python, Shell, Java.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Ability to debug code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience in software development, software architecture and application scalability patterns.
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices, monitoring tools, intrusion detection tools.