At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
- Provide expert consultative advice on power systems and industrial SCADA systems commonly found at the C&I scale to clients, project partners, and internal team members.
- Perform detailed power systems analysis and reporting on topics including (but not limited to) the following steady-state and dynamic studies: power flow, protection and coordination, harmonics, transient stability, short circuit, arc flash, ground fault, and other similar studies.
- Prepare complete, clear, and concise reports and/or presentations for Heila’s clients, project partners, and team members.
- Serve a technical domain expert for Heila’s Applications, Project Delivery, Operations, and Engineering teams.
- Provide guidance on the design and configuration of power systems with distributed energy resources such as solar photovoltaic, battery energy storage, combined heat and power, backup generation, fuel cell, and/or electric vehicle charging systems.
- Provide detailed guidance on communication protocols commonly utilized within both commercial/industrial SCADA systems and for the control of DERs – and their integration with the Heila control system.
- Foster positive and effective internal and external relationships at all levels and project phases.
- A minimum of 10 years (professional, academic, or combination) of power systems design and simulation experience at the schematic design, commissioning, and operational phases of project life cycles.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working with industrial SCADA systems – preferably relating to the communication and control of DERs.
- Experience creating, reading, and interpreting electrical and communications schematic drawings, one-line diagrams, project specification, utility/AHJ requirements, etc.
- Experience in detailed power flow and transient simulation analysis and reporting tools – examples include ETAP, or equivalent.
- Expertise in at least one industrial communication protocol (IEC 61850, IEEE 2030.5, Sunspec Mobus, etc.)
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing methods for microgrid control systems.
- An understanding of information security requirements for microgrids in secure environments.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts applied to commercial and industrial facilities.
- Experience designing and analyzing the effects of power systems that are interconnected into multi-facility medium voltage distribution systems, high voltage utility systems, and other similar networks.
- Familiarity with the distributed generation interconnection requirements for at least one utility/distribution network/TSO.
- Experience integrating microgrid control systems with utility SCADA systems.
- Ability to debug and solve problems in unfamiliar environments in a self-directed manner.
- Graduate degree(s) in EE, ME, CE, CS or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.