Heila Technologies is seeking a talented software developer to accelerate the commercialization of our optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs).
As a Senior Software Developer at Heila, you will work on next-generation optimization and control technologies to enable communication and decision making among a large variety of energy assets such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. In addition, you will contribute to the company’s innovations in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
You should be passionate about sustainable energy and have 6+ years experience when it comes to designing, coding, and testing industrial automation solutions. An ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and build software in a collaborative team environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software solutions that address market needs. These solutions could be a microservice, standalone tool, user-facing web application, data pipeline, etc.
- Lead and help build services and applications for future market use cases as the industry develops.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by owning and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
- Contribute to the development of our automated test and build infrastructure.
- Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Push company innovation efforts and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers, power system engineers and hardware engineers to define key milestones and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- 6+ years working in Software Development with a leadership or solutions-driven role.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience programming in Java, Python and C/C++ in UNIX environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineer best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols such as: CAN bus, Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, etc.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Power Systems, other Engineering
- Experience with Java, Koitlin, Spring Boot, Python, TimescaleDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Experience with machine learning, data analysis, algorithms implementation.
- Experience working with IoT devices. Knowledge of best practices and protocols for IoT security.