At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
We’re a bunch of talented devs and doctorates, scientists and schemers, with a deep belief in our technology to change the world.
You should be passionate about sustainable energy and have 5+ years experience when it comes to designing, coding, and testing industrial automation solutions. An ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and build software in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of software solutions to address customer needs in Heila’s target markets. These solutions might be a web service, standalone tool, or user-facing web application.
- Identify and address bottlenecks and bugs on existing applications, while devising long-term solutions to these problems.
- Facilitate and drive knowledge sharing by owning and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
- Contribute to the development of our automated test and build infrastructure.
- Play a leading role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Push company innovation efforts and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers, power system engineers and hardware engineers to define key milestones and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- 5+ years working in Software Development with a leadership or solutions-driven role.
- Experience programming in Java, Python and C/C++ in UNIX environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineer best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Power Systems, other Engineering
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- Experience with machine learning, data analysis, algorithms implementation.
- Experience working with IoT devices.