At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
- Design new user facing interfaces and features for leading edge distributed energy
applications, in close collaboration with other Product Managers, Software Engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Create intuitive and engaging experiences that accomplish the goals of the end user in a
clear and understandable way, turning complex use cases into simple, informative, and
- Create wireframes and experience flow diagrams documenting the user journey and
articulating the experience.
- Deliver design specifications and supporting documentation to developers.
- Partner with product management and developers to identify constraints and iterate on
designs based on technical feasibility as well as prioritization of features.
- Drive user research including usability tests, qualitative research, ethnography, and design
- Design for a multi-touchpoint experience that includes software, mobile apps, and on-device interfaces.
- Advocate and drive user-centered design principles across products and features.
- Stay abreast and have a passion for the customer experience and modern design trends.
- Solid understanding of front-end web design and development (html/css).
- Clear understanding about how software, embedded UI, and hardware integrate, and how
the experience should reflect this interaction.
- Provide subject-matter expertise, perspective, and direction on new interactive technologies
innovations as they apply to creating user experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (HCI, Graphic Design, Human Factors), or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in digital product design, interaction design, user experience design,
software or product design for software, web applications and mobile applications.
- Expertise in digital design tools, specifically Figma, Adobe, Sketch.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS and other presentation layer technologies.
- Portfolio of relevant work for review is required.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.