At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
- Tenaciously seeks opportunities to grow Heila’s business. Strategically selects how to achieve growth in all of Heila’s segments. These include but are not limited to large C&I companies (especially those with heavy manufacturing footprints), large energy asset management companies, large utilities, and large project development / construction firms.
- Develops and executes assigned specific sales strategies and plans to maximize sales volume and profitability in accordance with financial plan and Heila’s brand strategies. Develops and executes multi-faceted customer relationship strategy.
- Effectively builds trust with Heila’s Executive, Applications, Project, Product, Engineering, and Marketing Teams. Leverages trust to learn of customer programs and win new accounts for Heila.
- Has solid understanding of Heila’s product lines and services and can articulate why a customer should buy them. Effectively communicates that message to customers. Understands and leverages strategic alignment to sell the right product and/or service to the right customer.
- Effectively uses needs based selling process to drive growth.
- Through needs based selling process, can acquire an understanding of customer needs and buying motives and connect Heila products to those needs. Develops solid customer engagements and plans to win through the needs based selling process.
- Based on customers identified needs, effectively align our products and services to negotiate the best agreement.
- Uses technical acumen to discuss application of Heila products in the context of customer’s use cases.
- Presents information about Heila’s product and services to the customer to capture the customer’s thoughts and ideas for further discussion.
- Partners with the rest of Heila’s Sales Team, as well as with the Marketing, Strategy, Project, and Product Teams to leverage learnings from customers to improve Heila’s offering and approach to market.
- Has a solid understanding of the customer’s organization, market, distribution, and present/future needs. -Has or can quickly get enough depth of knowledge and relationships at customer to work past a gatekeeper.
- Proactively follow sup and follows through with customer’s requests and is responsive to customer’s needs.
- Effective at collecting and organizing the information on customer trends and decision criteria to assist Heila’s leadership in achieving objectives for strategic planning and decision making.
- Seeks opportunities to build positive relationships with customers seeking more information and sharing own ideas to support customer’s needs.
- Effectively communicates clearly, concisely and interpret non-verbal cues and demonstrates ability to check for understanding. They can manage through emotionally and politically charged customer interactions to achieve the desired result.
- Consistently pursues goals and attempts to overcome barriers of changing circumstances and customer needs.
- Partners with customer to facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; supports others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and true leadership within Heila to achieve desired result.
- 5+ years of experience implementing business strategy and sales in the cleantech industry.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven success selling complex products and services, through direct and indirect channels and using multiple business models, such as SaaS, EaaS, and MaaS.
- Excellent understanding and authority within the clean-tech industry to drive/influence trends, product use cases, and business models.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among other.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- Experience selling to, and or working with, price-sensitive energy industry organizations such as large C&I companies (especially those with heavy manufacturing footprints), large energy asset management companies, large utilities, and large project development / construction firms.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.