At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
We’re a bunch of talented devs and doctorates, scientists and schemers, with a deep belief in our technology to change the world.
You should be passionate about sustainable energy and have 3+ years experience when it comes to designing, coding, and testing industrial automation solutions. An ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and build software in a collaborative team environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software solutions that address market needs. These solutions could be a microservice, standalone tool, user-facing web application, data pipeline, etc.
- Lead and help build services and applications for future market use cases as the industry develops.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by owning and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
- Contribute to the development of our automated test and build infrastructure.
- Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Push company innovation efforts and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers, power system engineers and hardware engineers to define key milestones and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience programming in Java, Python and C/C++ in UNIX environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineer best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols such as: CAN bus, Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, etc.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Power Systems, other Engineering
- Experience with Java, Koitlin, Spring Boot, Python, TimescaleDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Experience with machine learning, data analysis, algorithms implementation.
- Experience working with IoT devices. Knowledge of best practices and protocols for IoT security.