At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
Front End Development
- Implement versatile front-end solutions for edge and cloud applications in close collaboration with UX designers, project managers, software developers, and project engineers.
- Incorporate internal and external stakeholder feedback to improve on ease of use, performance, security, and other quality factors.
- Deliver cutting-edge, captivating prototypes using state-of-the-art front-end technologies.
Back End Development:
- Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of portions of system, major subsystems, or tools.
- Create end-to-end computing solutions for edge and cloud environments using industry standard software engineering practices.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data ingestion, curation, retrieval, transformation, and archiving solutions.
- Design and build data structures and pipelines that are secure, efficient, reliable, and scalable.
- Enrolled and working towards obtaining a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Graduation expected in 2024 or later
- Will have completed at least one full academic year by June of 2023
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 10-12-week internship.
- Experience with developing code on Linux or other Unix OS
- Interest in learning about DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among others
- Exposure to building microservices and distributed and scalable enterprise applications
- Experience with version control tools such as git
- Experience with databases like MySQL, etc.
- Experience doing automated test (unit and integration tests)
- Projects, experiences, or coursework related to areas such as: Operating Systems, Computer, Architecture, Multi-Threading, Data Structures & Algorithms
- If you are interested in this role, please visit Kohler’s Job Portal and apply directly.