Heila Technologies is looking to hire a Hardware Engineer to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs).
As a Hardware Engineer at Heila, you will play a crucial role in the design, testing and support of Heila DER control products. These devices interface with critical energy equipment such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. Your contributions will expand the applications and environments in which Heila control systems are used. If you choose to join our team, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems, leading projects and interacting with state-of-the-art technology in the energy industry.
- Design, test and implement electronics systems for advanced control systems.
- Board-level design from high-level architecture, through component selection, schematic capture, and PCB layout review in Altium Designer.
- Develop and debug procedures/scripts for production test automation.
- Prepare engineering documentation, including product specifications, detailed design reports, test protocols, and technical procedures.
- Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Interface with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Provide technical support and guidance for post release, production systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in EE, CE or equivalent.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Broad circuit design experience including analog, digital, power supply and communication functions.
- Familiarity with the principles of design for manufacturing, testing, and reliability.
- Experience testing and debugging new PCB products.
- Experience using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, and power supplies.
- Strong drive, organization and communication skills.
- 3 or more years of experience with board-level design.
- Embedded firmware or Linux driver development experience.
- Experience with C/C++ or python.
- Understanding of FCC, IEC, UL, CSA, and CE testing and compliance requirements.
- Experience with wireless protocols such as WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, LoRa and LTE.