At Heila Technologies, we are working at breakneck speed to bring low-cost, low-carbon, and locally generated energy to people around the globe. Our industry-leading technology is empowering communities to build self-sustaining microgrids through the power of autonomous, self-coordinating distributed energy resources.
We are looking to hire a Cloud Engineer to help us build this grid of the future and accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution. As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you will lead the design and development of the cloud platform that supports our customer facing applications and our DER control and optimization solution. You will have the opportunity to develop the infrastructure that interacts with fleets of IoT devices which control equipment ranging from solar panels to batteries to electric vehicles.
- Build, deploy, and monitor cloud infrastructure, services, and applications for current & future market use cases as the industry develops
- Setup and maintain automated monitoring, metrics, and reporting systems for performance, operations, and alerts of our systems.
- Develop and deploy an automated test and build infrastructure, with a focus on reliability and security.
- Lead and maintain technical documentation for workflows, processes, and best practices across the cloud infrastructure.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, and high-performance.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Master’s degree in EE, CS, CE or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience managing container-based workloads, using Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation/Terraform, Helm.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns using message broker technologies such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication capabilities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Comfortable programming in C/C++, Java or Python on UNIX environments.
- Experience in software development, software architecture and application scalability patterns.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.