Heila Technologies is looking to hire a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution. At Heila, we strive to provide clean, reliable energy to all, with a focus on environmental and social equity by leveraging the power of low-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs).
As a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer at Heila, you will play a crucial role in helping to architect and improve the scalability of our cloud-based optimization and analytics platform. You will also interact with our fleet of IoT devices which control equipment such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. In addition, you will contribute to the company’s efforts in the areas of cybersecurity, machine learning, and energy optimization.
- Architect and automate the operation and maintenance of our cloud solution.
- Ensure scalability requirements are met in the areas of compute, storage and network throughput.
- Contribute to the development of our automated test and build infrastructure, with a focus on reliability.
- Ensure information security best practices and any third-party policies are implemented.
- Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
- Research and inform the organization about new cloud infrastructure technologies and trends.
- 1-3 years industry experience or MS in Computer Science.
- Experience with systems automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, or Docker.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Github, TeamCity, CircleCI.
- Operating system knowledge and familiarity with industrial network design and troubleshooting.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication abilities.
- Comfortable programming in C/C++, Java or Python on UNIX environments.
- Experience in software development, software architecture and application scalability patterns.
- Experience designing and working with enterprise scale architectures for IoT system monitoring, security, and resiliency.
- Network engineering experience, particularly related to the secured configuration of IoT devices.
- Experience using communication protocols such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRa, etc.
- Desire to push Heila’s social equity mission across our technology platform and business use cases.